OUTCOME OF THE CHURCH LEADERS, IMAMS AND POLICE AREA COMMAND MEETING HELD ON 9th JUNE 2022 @ ZONE 2 IBARA ABEOKUTA.
The Area Commander officially informed us about the recent Church- targeted kidnappings and killings in Nigeria.
That every body must be security conscious and members should be trained how to react when there is imergency. Security is therefore our responsibility.
The following are the hints.
1. In case of emergency, the phone number of the area D.P.O should be made available for members.
Scanner: This device should be provided at least 2. One for male and one for the female members. Every church member must surrender to be scanned, even the pastor. It will expose the hidden metal in the human body. The price is about #70000 to #80000. Chinese type is btw #35000 to #40000.
3. Car Park. Area Commander advised that car park should not be close to the church building. Bomb can be kept in side the car and claim lives of many.
4. Security Personnel should be put in place. He suggested, So safe, Amotekun and Local hunters. He also assured us that church members can form a security team after the training.
5. Children Department must be secured. Pastors are liable to his or her members lives, especially the children. Proper security has to be put in place for them.
6. Everybody must be familiar with the area DPO. Policemen are people’s friend.
7. Area Commander also added that Night Vigil should not be encouraged for now. Kidnappers always hunts in the night.
8. Horn speakers should not be used for security reasons.
OTHER POINTS FROM THE MEETING ARE:
9. Always do a Security check of your compound Anytime you return home from outside.
10. Do Security check of the Church and the compound before Service on Sunday or any other day there will be programme in Church PLEASE don’t leave it for Sexton
11. Always lock the Church gate once the Service commenced. Late comers should walk in through the small gate
12. Encourage your members to come inside Church with just their Bibles and Hymn books no need of bringing bags inside Church
13. Churches with large congregations should try reduce the number by encouraging some to join the first or evening Service just like the practice during the pandemic
14. All the Churches in the Metropolis should try get CCTV cameras for their Church inside out.
15. In case of gunshot or sound of blast or explosives quickly reduce your height, lie down fast and crawl to safety once you understand what’s going on.
The following DPO phone numbers should be released to our church members within Abeokuta.
(I) CSP. IBARA: 08035630218
(ii) CSP KEMTA idi-aba: 07069361321.
(iii) CSP LAFENWA: 08034755966.
(iv) CSP SABO: 08037207793.
(v) DPO. OBADA OKO: 08034846261.
(vi) DPO ADIGBE: 08033513377.
The above phone numbers can be contacted ONLY when there is distress call to the Police officers.
May the Lord, our great defender keep us from all the evil people around us in Jesus mighty name. Amen.