On Nigeria 2023, Kwankwaso shared “Why I can’t be running mate to anyone”
1. “From the discussion with Labour Party, the main issue was who becomes the president if the parties merge.”
2. “At the end of the day, some of our representatives thought that there should be a criteria in terms of age, qualification, offices held, performance and so on.
3. “If now I decide to be vice presidential candidate to anybody in this country; NNPP will collapse, because the party is based on what we have built in the last 30 years.”
4. “I served for 17 years as a civil servant; we are talking of 47 years of very serious hard work that is what is rarely holding NNPP now.”
5. The South East are good in business and are well talented but they should learn politics, “in politics they are at the bottom line.”
6. “Even if my friend (Peter Obi) wants to accept vice presidential candidate, some people in the South East will not accept, that is not strategic.”
7. Bola Tinubu was strategic to have supported the APC in 2015 and “today he is the presidential candidate of the APC.”
8. Best option for the South East was for the zone to partner with NNPP, “this is a golden opportunity, if they lose it, it will be a disaster.”
9. “We have options in the NNPP in the South to pick a good vice president and one of them is the Labour Party man you are talking about.”
10. NNPP has the structure, organisation and population across the country to contest and win elections.